3.1.11

What? 3 January 2011!

The title of my post says it all.  I feel as if I have been on a roller-coaster ride since Friday, 24 December 2010 and it has just come to a stop for the first time.  Now I must just sit still for a moment or two, to give my "insides" a chance to settle down.

First of all, before I tell about the ride, I hope that you have all had a very blessed Christmas and that during 2011 the good will outweigh the bad by tons.  Thank you all for being my Blogland friends during the past year and I promise to try very hard to post more often this year.  It is just that reading your posts is so much more fun than writing my own posts.

I am so happy and relieved that this particular roller-coaster ride is over that I do not want to dwell on it any more than I have to.  Suffice to say that it included Hubbie's very irregular heartbeat of 138, hospitalisation for Hubby for intensive treatment for a very serious infection, visitors (house guests) 24/7 since 23 December, a visit home for Hubby over the weekend (he is not mobile and must be nursed around the clock), a geyser that flooded the ceiling, no water in the taps and just to add insult to injury, I swallowed a honey bee that stung me in my throat (luckily there was no time to have a reaction and apart from a very bad case of "tonsilitis" I survived in one piece).  We were also blessed(?) with temperatures in the high 30's and low 40's (celcius) which did not help at all.

So yes, I guess I can quite honestly say that I had a very busy festive season and now I cannot wait to return to work tomorrow - for the air conditioning and the rest!

PS:  Somehow cloning does not seem such a bad idea at present - I could do with two of me.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to read about your husband! Is this rapid heartrate something that can be fixed with medication? Will he be able to come home soon?

And to swallow a bee!? I can't imagine.

Here is to a better 2011! I will be sending good, healthy thoughts and prayers to you both!

Gaelyn said...

Anne, I am so sorry about your hubby, and the other ensuing stuff. Sure hope he's better real soon.

If 2010 went out so badly, 2011 can only be better. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Argent said...

Wow! It has been up and down for you! My own hubs very nearly died of ventricular tachycardia a few years back, so I can imagine it's been a really worrying time for you. I hope yours makes a good recovery and that you both enjoy a good 2011.

Jo said...

Anna......!!!!! Omigawd...!!! And I thought my Christmas season was bad. Holy doodle!!!

I hope everyone is okay now. Yes, sometimes work can be our "safe place", can't it???

Here's hoping 2011 will be much better than it started out -- for both you and for me. *heh*

Cheers,
Jo

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

A honey bee in your mouth! OMG!

I'm with you. I'm glad the roller-coaster ride is over and that normalacy (???) can resume.

2011 will be a much better year!

A human kind of human said...

Thank you all for your comments. Hubby was re-admitted to hospital yesterday to complete the intravenous treatment and will have to stay there until at least Friday. He has had an irregular heartbeat for many years, but this time it just got completely out of hand. Luckily he reacted positively and very quickly to the medication. Now it is just the infection that must clear up.