2.12.09

What the Heck?

Lately I have been receiving this notification of a comment on my blog:



If I click on the "name" it takes me to a porn site!  I have now deleted this comment numerous times but it just get posted back again.  I have no desire or intention of starting to watch or read porn at this stage in my life, so please forgive me my friends, but for a while I am going to turn Comment Moderation on to see if they will go away.

The bloody cheek of these people.  Can one report them to someone? 

8 comments:

  1. I hope they do go away. I have always used moderation, and so far, so good.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! I really get so angry about these things. Today, I was playing farkle, against someone...forget his name now, it was Slavic...all of a sudden, he said, "Do you want to have sex with me?" I would have just left the room but a lot of my points were at stake. I didn't reply. He then wrote, "answer." Next, he wrote,
    "**** your grandmother." I merely copied all of that and reported it...and I won his 25,000 points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! I was getting viagra ones! sigh... people... report them to the blogger people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to put word verification back on after a few weird spam comments. But I never click on them. Don't know how to stop it or who to report it to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blog spam-virus crap! Dang it! I hate those word verifications because I ALWAYS screw them up..duh. And to have to do moderation is a pain in the booty.
    I had a werid one for a while too about a year ago. Luckily it finally left my blog alone. I would try reporting or commenting to Blogspot.com look in your Dashboard for support maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Update: They are still appearing regularly, but at least now I can just reject them. What a nuisance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been spared this so far, luckily. I think word verification and/or moderation is the short-term answer. Why do these people always have to mess it up for everyone else? I mean, does spam EVER produce profitable results for the spammer? I can't imagine that it does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes Argent, as I have said before: Just a darn nuisance.

    ReplyDelete

I have so much to learn, so any advice, suggestions and criticism will be appreciated and I find that nothing encourages me more that a good comment. Thank you for taking the trouble to comment.