22.10.09

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!

I have had enough of individuals who are miserable because they choose to be miserable.  No matter how hard or how often you do your utmost to cheer them up, they cannot get back into their miserable state soon enough.  They insist on harping on the suffering in their lives, both real and imagined, to the extent where they cannot see, or deliberately ignore, the opportunities and blessings that come their way.

I have had enough of individuals who view themselves as larger than life and land themselves in serious trouble because of their arrogant and aggressive behaviour, even if these traits were developed as a hard shell to hide behind because of traumatic experiences in their past.  Every time their bloated image of themselves land them in hot water, they run to the nearest shoulder to cry on, but never pay attention to any advice given to them.

I have had enough of individuals who are blatantly dishonest... even criminal.  Who will use any means to get what they want through lying, never even considering what they are doing to other persons... or themselves in the long run.

I have had enough of individuals who kill and rape and maim simply because they can.  To them it does not matter if it is a two year old child whose throat is cut simply to silence her because she cried when she saw her mommy being raped, or whether it is the eighty year old lady left unconscious to bleed to death from stabwounds, while her 82 year old husband, tied to a chair, are forced to watch.  The evil in them knows no bounds.

I have had enough of  incompetent politicians and government officials who live in the lap of luxury on the millions they obtained through fraud and corruption while their fellow countrymen starve to death or die because there is no money to treat their diseases. 


Tonight I have had enough! 


Yet I know that tomorrow I will again try to cheer her up and get her to see a professional to help her out of her depression because just maybe this time she will go.

Tomorrow I will again listen to her hysterical and tearful ranting and raving because someone injured her larger than life image of herself and calm her down to prevent her from doing something that will get her into trouble because I see the person she can be and just maybe this is the one time that she will listen to advice. 

Tomorrow I will again believe the sob story of the stranger and give him money to visit his injured son in hospital becasuse just maybe he does have a son in hospital. 

Tomorrow I will not pack up and relocate to Australia, New Zealand or Canada because I love my country and believe in its future.


Tomorrow I will forgive because:  "There, but for the Grace of God, goes I".


PS.  All real issues that crossed my path in some way this week, so please pray with me for strength to do tomorrow what has to be done, even if I am still angry!

13 comments:

JD said...

Thank you for sharing your week, and your prayer needs with us... Sounds like it's been a tough week emotionally. That's a lot to deal with! I love that you released your frustrations, and in the next breath, you reminded yourself, and all of us, that His mercies are new each morning... that the sun will shine again, that there is always hope.

While I understand you not wanting to move to Canada, please feel free to visit us on the east coast (while we're still here, LOL)!

RNSANE said...

I often felt this way momentarily
( or for a bit longer ) during my 21 years as a forensic nurse, dealing with adult and child sexual assault cases. It was hard to fathom how a person could inflict such cruelty on another human being. Sometimes, especially when there was a lot of physical injury, I would have to walk outside the ER for a minute to take a breath, then I would be able to go back and continue.

marit said...

God bless you!

A human kind of human said...

Luckily I only have to deal directly with the first two. The others are just things that I have read about. Thank you for your support.

A human kind of human said...

Sorry, the "dishonest man" was also a direct experience, but as it was a once off so I guess I have already filed it away in my "Lessons Learned Again" file and have forgotten about him.

Jo said...

Come to Canada...! I'd love to meet you. :-)

Argent said...

My sister, I can't tell you how much this post struck a chord with me today. Recent events in my own life (not the rapings and killing, glad to say, but the misery/injured self-image/conman stuff) so nearly mirror what you are railing against that it's uncanny. Strength to you, because indeed, there but for the grace of God...

A human kind of human said...

Jo, I love the Canada you and other Canadian bloggies have painted for me. It is so beautiful and it seems like such a "sane" country (said because SA is fairly "insane" lately), but firstly I would have to fly to get there and secondly, I'd die in the cold winters. Would love to visit in the summer though. Will have to swim or row though.

Argent, thankfully the murder and rape is also just what I read, but I read of these incidents just to regularly in our newspapers lately. Also, one of these incidents happened 4 houses from us last year. The other unfortunately is very real and the first two I have to live with on a daily basis at work, but if there is a need, what else can you do but to respond?
It helps though to know that other have the same problems and I must say, through the years you do develop techniques and skills to deal with these things.

English Rider said...

Just the name "a human kind of human" discloses your aspirations. All you can do is keep trying. I don't have a God but I believe in your approach. If this is the only day we have, let us do our best. xx

Gaelyn said...

Also remember, that most individuals are still only three years old, lost and confused.

A human kind of human said...

What a lovely name. Welcome and thank you for visiting. I wonder how you happened onto my blog and I am now going to yours. See you there in a moment (lol).

Leilani Tresise said...

HIT SOMETHING! LOL =0P I am always amazed at the evil that is on this planet. I think if we step back and understand that if there were no EVIL, there would ALSO be no GOOD. I take it my job here on this planet is to spread the good no matter if anyone listens or not. For as long as there is BAD.. I KNOW that GOOD is still alive!

A human kind of human said...

Hi Leilani, I dare not "hit" as it would not be "something" but "someone" as I will certainly hit someone (lol). I agree with you on the good and evil and just you keep spreading the good, it will be noticed, I mean, I notice.